Logitech recently launched a new product to their line up with the first illuminated living room keyboard, the K830 to brighten your connected-TV experience! This was my Christmas gift too and I would like to share more about the illuminated living room keyboard K830 with everybody! Let me share with you the information and product details from the press release information that I received –
The Logitech Illuminated Living-Room Keyboard K830 is a rechargeable keyboard that features backlit keys, an integrated touchpad, and advanced wireless connectivity, so you can type and click from your couch or bed – even in the dark. The Logitech Illuminated Living-Room Keyboard K830 automatically dims or brightens its backlit keys based on the amount of light in the room, so you can type effortlessly in any lighting condition. Type and the keys illuminate. Stop typing and the backlight turns off after five seconds to help save power.
Designed for the modern living space, this keyboard is compact and lightweight, with soft-feel keys that are optimized for media and entertainment control. With the Logitech Illuminated Living-Room Keyboard K830, you can relax, lean back and browse with a fast, reliable connection to your PC from up to 33 feet away, thanks to the tiny Unifying receiver that delivers advanced 2.4GHz long-range wireless connectivity. The keyboard is also rechargeable, so you never need to worry about changing batteries.
To avoid the awkward clutter of using a traditional keyboard plus a separate mouse in the living room – not to mention the constant chore of keeping track of both in your couch cushions – the home theater PC keyboard combines these two capabilities into one device. The touchpad is smooth and responsive with accurate cursor control, the rounded sides of the keyboard make it easy to hold and the slim design allows it to be stored vertically to save space.
- Backlit keys: Keys automatically dim or brighten based on the amount of light in the room, so you can type easily in any lighting. If no typing is detected after five seconds, the backlight turns off to help you save power.
- Keyboard and mouse all in one: By combining a traditional keyboard and a touchpad into one device, you get streamlined navigation for your connected TV. The touchpad is smooth and responsive with accurate cursor control and enhanced gesture functions for easy navigation.
- Navigate from a distance: Lean back and browse with a fast, reliable wireless connection from up to 33 feet (10 m)* away. The tiny plug-and-play Unifying receiver allows you to start typing immediately, without installing software or pairing the devices.
- Rechargeable:The micro-USB cable makes recharging easy. You can even use your keyboard while it is recharging. A full charge gives you up to 10 days of power.** The On/Off switch and battery indicator light also help you manage the power.
- Living room design: The keyboard is designed to complement the modern living room with a combination of premium textures, metal-like finish and a specific key design crafted into a compact, solid form.
- Windows® 7, Windows 8 or later
– Backlit keys
– Advanced 2.4 GHz wireless with a range of 33 feet (or 10 m)*
– Optimized key layout
Touchpad: – Sizable touch area 80 mm x 52 mm (or 3.1 inches x 2.0 inches) – Superior glide surface – Separate left- and right-click buttons – 2-finger gesture support (enabled with Logitech software)
– Extra left-click button
- Keys: – Key life: up to five million keystrokes – Key shape: low profile
– Typing noise: within 55 dBA for all keys
- Dimensions: – Length: 367 mm (or 14.4 inches) – Width: 125.3 mm (or 4.9 inches) – Height: 16.5 mm (or 0.65 inches) – Weight: 495g (or 17.5 oz)
- 1-year limited hardware warranty
Pricing and Availability
The Logitech Illuminated Living-Room Keyboard K830 is expected to be available in Singapore in end November, for a suggested retail price of SGD$139. For more information, please visit www.logitech.com or our blog.
* Information and Photos Courtesy of Logitech Singapore *