Next Saturday, on the 12th March 2016, there is an event for your family and loved ones, whereby they can explore information technology and tech skills, to empower your family with. The event is We Tech Care 2016 at JTC Launch Pad @ one-north. Help to spread the word, tell your family, loved ones and friends about We Tech Care 2016!
Let me share with you more information and details about We Tech Care 2016 from the press release information –
On March 12 2016, Microsoft will be holding its We Tech Care 2016 event at JTC LaunchPad @ one-north – a vibrant and exciting co-working space for over 500 local startups – in support of the President’s Challenge!
President Tony Tan Keng Yam will be gracing We Tech Care 2016 as Guest-of-Honour, and officially launching President’s Challenge 2016.
Aligned with Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and organisation on the planet to achieve more, We Tech Care 2016 goes beyond regular fundraising. The event ambitions are to empower everyone through technology by creating opportunities for people of all ages to learn coding/computing, connect the current generation of innovators with the next, raise awareness of innovative technology that can help solve societal issues, support digital inclusion programmes through partnering with non-profit partners, and foster Microsoft employees’ skill-based volunteering efforts.
Open to the public, the half-day event brings together over 100 volunteers, including Microsoft employees, representatives from President’s Challenge, Microsoft partner organisations, non-profit organisations, and technology experts who will be volunteering their time to conduct IT-related workshops, talks, activities and games. For the first time, the ecosystem of local startups who are making waves in their respective fields by leveraging the power of technology to build a better, smarter and more inclusive Singapore, will also be supporting We Tech Care 2016.
The afternoon programme will feature a variety of fun-filled activities for everyone, including young professionals, parents, children, students and grandparents. Highlights of We Tech Care 2016 include:
- IT Made Easy – Interested to pick up simple IT skills? The IT Made Easy sessions aim to introduce you to the fundamentals of computing and equip you with IT tips and tricks.
- Startup Discovery Tour – Suitable for students, young professionals, IT enthusiasts, aspiring innovators and the general public, the guided Startup Discovery Tours provides visitors the opportunity to meet and interact with local startups first-hand. Discover the power of technology through their innovative showcases, test out their latest applications, tour their funky startup premises, and walk away with a lesson in entrepreneurship for good.
- WeSpeakCode Workshops – Is creating games and apps your dream? Suitable for all ages, these sessions connect you with the tools and knowledge you need to create, code, and develop your ideas. So whether you are new to coding, studying it in school, or planning for your career, you can dream big, build creatively, and boldly bring your ideas to life.
- Xbox Games Competitions – Keen to experience the Xbox world of gaming? Here’s your chance to try your hand at a whole host of Xbox games and participate in the onsite Xbox gaming competitions to win prizes.
- NGO & Assistive Technology Showcase – Thinking of volunteering? This exhibit will enable you to meet with non-profit organisations, discover where help is needed and take the first step towards active volunteering! Also, check out the Assistive Technology Showcase by the Society for the Physically Disabled (SPD) to see how the latest assistive technologies can make a difference and help people lead more fulfilling lives.
- Play It Safe – Safeguard yourself online in today’s digital world. Suitable for teenagers, parents and working professionals, join the Play It Safe talks to hear from our experts on how to stay safe and protect your reputation online.
- Fringe Activities – Check out the fringe activities at the carnival and indulge in some fun and games with the entire family!
Here are the event details:
Date: Saturday, March 12, 2016
Time: 13.30 to 17.30
Venue: JTC LaunchPad @ one-north
The Meeting Point
79 Ayer Rajah Crescent
To register for We Tech Care 2016 event, visit microsoft.com/singapore/
To donate to President’s Challenge, visit https://www.giving.sg/
*Information courtesy of Microsoft Singapore and IN.FOM*