Transitions Optical, Inc. has released its latest Transitions® Signature™ lenses for all lens wearers across the region in Hong Kong, Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand. Featuring the most responsive adaptive lenses by Transitions Optical to date, the revolutionary new Transitions® Signature™ lenses are developed from Transitions Optical’s latest Chromea7™ technology and tested with an exclusive measurement methodology, Life360™. This new product promises greater adaptability to different types of lighting conditions, thus providing a superior and more comfortable wearing experience for all lens wearers.
Evolution in photochromic lens technology
The latest Transitions® Signature™ lenses feature Transitions’ newly patented Chromea7™ technology, an exclusive dye formulation which enables the lens to be more responsive to the smallest change in light conditions outdoors while maintaining clarity indoors. This scientific breakthrough increases Transitions® Signature™ lenses’ sensitivity to light – allowing them to adapt very well across various environmental conditions – and capture colours and images more vividly; leading to a superior and more comfortable wearing experience unlike any other.
New patented Life360™product testing methodology to measure real-life effectiveness
To assess the practical benefits of the new Transitions® Signature™ lenses, Transitions Optical Inc. developed and pioneered their new Life360™ methodology – a more holistic approach compared to current traditional lab-testing models practiced in the industry. Transitions® Signature™ lenses have undergone rigorous testing and evaluation in more than 200 real life conditions and 1000 scenarios in different countries, including Thailand and Philippines. These scenarios comprised of combinations of differing temperatures, angles of light, UV light, weather conditions and geographical locations; which improve the real life applications of Transitions® Signature™ lenses and ensure its versatility across a variety of settings for all lens wearers.
Furthermore, blind tests have been conducted with current clear and photochromic lens wearers to assess the visual experience of Transitions® Signature™ lenses. Users have reported Transitions® Signature™ lenses provide the optimal range of benefits – better darkness outdoors, improved responsiveness in more situations, faster speed of activation and fade back while maintaining clarity of vision indoors and at night – which have led to an improved visual experience compared with their existing set of clear or photochromic lenses (82% of clear lens wearers and 93% of photochromic lens wearers indicated Transitions® Signature™ provided a better experience than their existing set of lenses. Source: Transitions Optical, Life360 research)
The methodology of Life360™ means that Transitions® Signature™ lenses are able to adapt to the unique environmental conditions of both Southeast Asia and Asian countries, thus remaining relevant to the market here. Lance Lim, Marketing Manager of Transitions Optical Inc Asia explains the benefits of such a detailed testing process conducted by genuine spectacle wearers, “The high humidity experienced by countries near the Equator mean that various levels of cloud cover across the region result in more indirect sunlight. Transitions® Signature™ lenses’ level of tint adapts to all outdoor conditions, making them the smart choice for all-day protection as today’s wearers commute between indoor and outdoor environments, as well as travel from region to region.”
A virtual demonstration of the new Transitions® Signature™ lenses is available at http://www.transitions.com/en-sg/virtual-viewer/.
Designed for the modern lens wearer
Recognising today’s wearers are constantly on the go, encountering different environments both locally and internationally for work and play, Transitions® Signature™ lenses cater to the increasingly mobile lifestyle of the modern lens wearer with the latest advancement in photochromic technology. As such, they respond quickly to the light conditions across a multitude of outdoor locations with consistent performance in all temperatures, enhancing visual experience for the lens wearer. Transitions® Signature™ lenses are also equally adaptable indoors and in low-light conditions – able to fade quickly and return to clarity – ensuring the best possible visual experience for its users. In addition, Transitions® Signature™ lenses protect its wearer from harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays, while maintaining its vivid and sharp colour perception.
Transitions® Signature™ lenses are currently available at all authorised eye care practitioners in a range of materials and designs. For more information, please visit http://www.transitions.com/en-sg/.
Transitions and the swirl are registered trademarks and Transitions Signature and Chromea7 are trademarks of Transitions Optical, Inc. ©2014 Transitions Optical, Inc.
Transitions® Signature™ Lenses
Available in: Grey and Brown
Fully clear indoors – but outside, they’re more responsive than ever. Based on Transitions Optical’s exclusive Chromea7™ photochromic technology and Life360™ testing process through more than 1000 scenarios, the new Transitions® Signature™ lenses are even more reactive to light conditions outdoors and can also adapt quickly to indirect light – they get darker even from light reflected from buildings, cars, and many other surfaces. The versatility and adaptability of Transitions® Signature™ lenses always ensures you’ll be seeing things in the best possible light.
- Seamless light management through the day in all environments: The new Chromea7™ technology allows Transitions® Signature™ lenses to optimize the amount of light that reaches your eyes, whether you’re indoors or outdoors. It has undergone rigorous real life testing in more than 1000 scenarios through Transitions’ Life360™ testing methodology, so you can be assured they adapt to your visual needs any time, any day.
- Responsive to indirect light: Transitions® Signature™ lenses respond better to indirect light, giving you ample tint even when your face is away from the sun and allow you to see things in the best possible light. This includes light reflected from buildings and indirect glaze and haze from scattered light in low light conditions.
- Responsive to hotter temperatures: Having been tested in over 200 real life conditions in various locations around the world, Transitions® Signature™ lenses provides consistent performance in all temperature conditions.
- Fast fade back to clear speed: Chromea7™ technology allows Transitions® Signature™ lenses to be more responsive to the lighting conditions around you so they’ll adapt to your environment before you even know it. They also fade quickly back to clear once you’re indoors.
- Protects your eyes from harmful ultraviolet rays: Transitions® Signature™ lenses block 100% UV rays, offering comprehensive protection for your eyes when you’re out in the sun.
- Fit any prescription and frame: Available for most frame and prescription types to suit your personal preference.
- Suitable for any age including children: They work well for a variety of ages, including young active children.
- People who go outdoors at different times of the day.
- Those who need an adaptive lens that goes completely clear indoors.
- Those who spend most of their time indoors and are also outdoors frequently.
* Information Courtesy of Transitions Optical and SPRG *