Acronis recently announced Acronis Cyber Protect 15, a single solution integrating backup, disaster recovery, next generation antimalware, cybersecurity and endpoint management tools. An organisation’s cybersecurity setup can be tedious and complex, with the one-of-a-kind integration solution Acronis Cyber Protect 15, eliminating the complexity while improving its data recovery and providing greater productivity.
Acronis also recently released their Acronis Cyber Readiness Report, they surveyed 3,400 global companies and remote workers in the wake of the ongoing global pandemic Covid-19. It revealed that 92% of the companies surveyed said they had adopted new technologies to enable remote work, including workplace collaboration tools, privacy solutions and endpoint cybersecurity.
However, organisations face numerous challenges, one of it is the management of the protection of data across the company network and all of those new devices using a stack of different solutions is expensive, time-consuming and complicated. With the lack on an integration across the organisation, this would create gaps in the organisation’s defences, creating opportunities that cybercriminals can/are exploiting.
The Acronis Cyber Readiness Report reveals that as hackers target remote workers, phishing, distributed denial of service (DDoS), and videoconferencing attacks are the most common tactics used.
- 39% of the companies experienced a videoconferencing attack in the past three months as workers rely on apps like Zoom, Cisco Webex, and Microsoft Teams. Cisco recently revealed a vulnerability in its Webex app that could allow attackers to open, read, and steal potentially valuable or damaging content.
- Malware attacks such as ransomware also have increased during the pandemic, with 31% of companies reporting daily cyberattacks and half (50%) being targeted at least once a week, including in July when a leading manufacturer of GPS technologies allegedly paid $10 million in a WastedLocker ransomware attack. Acronis Cyber Protection Operating Centers (CPOCs) found that 35% of customer endpoints were exposed to malware attacks that were still getting through before the deployment of Acronis Cyber Protect.
- Phishing attacks are occurring at historic levels, which is not surprising since the report found only 2% of companies consider URL filtering when evaluating a cybersecurity solution. That oversight leaves remote workers vulnerable to phishing sites – Acronis CPOCs discovered that approximately 10% of users clicked on malicious websites in May, June, and July.
These Acronis findings and external research illustrate why organisations need a cyber protection solution that reduces complexity and improves security to support remote work environments, and the solution must be cost-effective to address the scale of remote workers.
Acronis Cyber Protect 15
“The cyberthreat landscape has changed dramatically during the past few years, and in the last six months in particular. Traditional stand-alone antivirus and backup solutions are unable to protect against modern cyberthreats,” said Serguei “SB” Beloussov, founder and CEO of Acronis. “Organizations that modernize their stack with integrated data protection and cybersecurity not only gain greater security, they lower their costs and improve efficiencies. The automation and streamlined management of Acronis Cyber Protect 15 means any business can decrease their risk, avoid downtime, and increase their IT team’s productivity.”
With Acronis Cyber Protect 15’s unique integration of data protection and next-generation cybersecurity capabilities – including AI-based behavioral detection that stops zero-day attacks, URL filtering, vulnerability assessments, videoconference protection, and automated patch management – organizations protect against modern cyberthreats while ensuring they can recover their data and systems faster than any other solution.
- 10% of users might click on malicious links that lead to phishing attacks, but the URL filtering in Acronis Cyber Protect blocked all of those sites – protecting the users, their devices, and their company’s data.
- Videoconferencing protection prevents the exploitation of apps like Zoom, Webex, and Microsoft Teams. In fact, Acronis Cyber Protect prevented code execution exploits in Webex before it was patched by Cisco.
- Testing by independent cybersecurity labs such as AV-Test and Virus Bulletin shows that Acronis Cyber Protect’s antimalware detects 100% of malware attacks with zero false positives. If the GPS manufacturer had Acronis Cyber Protect, it would never have paid a $10 million ransom.
Based on the current cyberattack rate, the unique integration of backup and cybersecurity enables Acronis Cyber Protect to prevent an estimated $150 million in direct losses for its customers each year.
Acronis Cyber Protect, a comprehensive integrated and automated cyber protection solution for businesses and organisations. In this current situation with an ongoing global pandemic Covid-19, working from home and remote work are likely to continue even after the situation ends. The new age workplace in a post Covid-19 world would definitely require the kind of integration and automation only found in Acronis Cyber Protect 15.
If you like to learn and read more in-depth on Acronis Cyber Readiness Report, please visit Acronis blog and read this article, “Pandemic protection lessons: IT teams reflect on their cyber readiness“. Inside their blog article post, you can also find the link to download the Acronis Cyber Readiness Report 2020.
If you are a business owner, cybersecurity for your business is on your top priority matters to implement, check out Acronis Cyber Protect 15, more information and details are available here. If you are a service provider, data protection and cybersecurity for your clients are of the utmost importance, check out Acronis Cyber Protect 15 on how they can help and protect you as a service provider.
Cybersecurity and data protection for businesses and individuals are now even more important and crucial in today’s internet and social media connected world, with the amount of data, transactions and interactions in our business and leisure world today. Due to the ongoing global pandemic Covid-19, the huge disruptions and impacts on business operations and work, people are working remotely or working from home (WFH). They are huge challenges to business and individuals, cybersecurity and data protection are part of them. In a post Covid-19 world, the new age workplace might be a mix of office, remote work and WFH, therefore cybersecurity and data protection will even be more crucial and important moving forward into the new era of work.
Don’t neglect cybersecurity and data protection, for yourself, loved ones, for your work and for your business too.
* Information courtesy of Acronis *