Alienware recently announced the launch of the X-Series gaming laptops, with its thinnest 15″ and 17″ gaming laptops, the Alienware x15 and Alienware x17. The new X-Series gaming laptops are equipped with breakthrough system-level engineering controls, they also boast patent-pending cooling technologies, the latest performance components, frame rate splitting displays and Legend 2.0 design features. Through Alienware’s collaboration with Intel, it has helped to achieve one of the thinnest form factors ever seen in a PC of this calibre.
The “X factor” of mobile PC gaming – the unique and significant quality that makes a product exceptional, is part of Alienware’s DNA and nothing brings that to life more than the Alienware X-Series, a brand new mobile gaming family that exemplifies the values of bold innovation, high performance, iconic design and premium quality.
When Alienware is developing the X-Series, they wanted to provide the gaming community more than just an everyday thin gaming laptop. Alienware wanted to challenge the status quo, creating something that redefines the ultimate mobile gaming experience.
Due to the physical limitations and mechanical challenges that come with a thin laptop, it was easier said than done. However, the Alienware team was able to overcome the challenges with tenacity and several engineering breakthroughs, giving rise to Alienware’s thinnest gaming laptops to date. The new x15 is the world’s most powerful sub-16mm 15″ gaming laptop.
If You Can’t Take the Heat
Heat is the enemy of all gamers. This is the continuous #1 request from gamers, advancement in thermal technologies within mobile form factors.
The cooling solutions found on the market today present real dilemmas to PC builders and trade-offs are always being made. To properly address these thermal limitations, Alienware had to look inwards and reinvent the game, in turn discovering new materials and several new engineering methods, including five patent-pending, exclusive to Alienware.
Alienware has engineered the next evolution of the Alienware Cryo-TechTM cooling technology which introduces Element 31, an exclusive thermal interface material (TIM) concocted from Encapsulated Gallium-Silicone liquid metal compound. This material exists between the CPU and their thermal elements to disperse heat and mitigate spikes in core temperatures from affecting the system’s performance. Unlike what’s currently available on the market, X-Series delivers up to a 25% improvement in thermal resistance advantage with Element 31.
Along with HyperEfficient Voltage Regulation for extended performance during long hours of gameplay, the X-Series also offers more heat dissipation and gaming performance. The new exclusive Alienware Quad Fan design blows air efficiently through the system, chassis and internal hotspots, designed to help keep users’ gaming engines cool wherever they go. Finally, the patent-pending Smart Fan control technology utilises AI to enable improved application performance as each fan independently spins-up, slows-down or remains steady according to various sensors strategically placed around core system components.
The culmination of these technologies allows gamers to enjoy their favourite games at high performance within an exceptionally thin form factor, while maintaining an impressive level of quiet and coolness.
Fly Like a Butterfly, Sting Like a Bee
There is a lot that is new with the X-Series design. These laptops feature an artfully crafted and evolved, Alienware Legend 2.0 design identity. While this new identity, featuring Dark Core, first appeared on the recently announced Alienware m15 R5/R6 gaming laptops, X-Series enhances this second-gen iteration to unlock high-performance in ultra-thin forms.
Visually, it’s easy to be allured by the mesmerising, single, continuous loop of bold stadium lighting, illuminating the rear hexagon venting pattern or the contour of smooth and gentle angles that produce purity of form. But it’s not just about the glamour appeal, the new X-Series is designed in parity with engineering to maximise thermal benefits. The purposefully placed vents on the top and base of X-Series notebooks around the quad fan design help to amplify airflow rate and boost thermal performance.
As a result, the x15 comes with incredible thinness at just 15.9mm and the x17 at just 20.9mm. Not only are these Alienware’s thinnest notebooks to date, but the new x15 is regarded as the world’s most powerful sub-16mm 15” gaming laptop.
It’s All About the Experience
In an era of customisation, the Alienware X-Series offers an abundance of high-performing technologies to create a gaming laptop experience made just for gamers, including:
- The latest performance technologies for gamers featuring 11th Gen Intel® Core™ H-series mobile processors and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series Laptop GPUs– up to a 3080. x15 and x17 support a maximum graphics power of 110W and 165W, respectively.
- Thermal Control Circuit offset (TCC offset) lets users set a “cruise control” limit to the CPU temperature, so they can work and play with the cruise control limit working to help assure that the system CPU temperature will remain within their defined range.
- Select from five Tailored Power States according to users’ needs, including Full Speed (max power), performance mode (graphics priority), balanced mode (balanced CPU/GPU), battery saver (low temperature priority) and quiet mode (acoustics priority).
- Want to experience a true mechanical keyboard on the go? Available as an option on the x17, the CHERRY MX keyboard is a 3.5mm ultra-low-profile design that allows users to press deeper with more emphasis, incorporating German stainless-steel mechanical components for a tactile experience like no other.
- DirectX Raytracing vibrantly brings the user’s favourite games to life in tandem with the latest panel technologies ranging from incredible FHD 360Hz speed to 4K-UHD HDR400. All of the X-series configurations include a Windows Hello IR camera for quick facial biometric logins. Various panel options also include Dell’s ComfortView Plus, hardware based, low-blue-light technology to help reduce eye strain without sacrificing display quality.
- AlienFX stadium lighting goes bolder through advanced LED technology with up to 100 micro-LEDS on the x17 (90 on the x15), designed as an independent and programmable lighting zone that gamers can personalise through the Alienware Command Center.
- To maximise portability, the first Alienware-branded 240W power adapter provides gamers with a small and light form factor, making gaming on the go easy.
- As an extension of Dell Technologies’ 2030 Moonshot Goals, the X-Series comes in sustainable packaging made from 92% recycled or renewable materials.
Pricing and Availability
The new Alienware products will be available for purchase online at dell.com.sg and at Dell exclusive stores in Funan Mall, NEX and Plaza Singapura.
Availability in Singapore
Starting Price (SGD)
|Alienware m15 R6||
* Information and pictures courtesy of Dell Singapore and burson cohn & wolfe *