Zoho Corporation, a leading global technology company, signs on with Singpass to launch Zoho Sign, a complete digital signature app for business signatories. Singpass is Singapore’s national digital identity, it’s one of the Singapore’s Smart Nation strategic national projects. Singpass provides a convenient and secure platform for Singapore residents to transact with Singapore Government agencies and private sector organisations. To date, this includes 700 organisations offering more than 2,000 services. The “Sign with Singpass” feature was launched in November 2020, allowing users to digitally sign documents such as contracts and agreements using their Singpass credentials.
Zoho Sign is a complete digital signature application by Zoho Corporation, a leading global technology company. Recognised by top-industry analysts, Zoho Sign offers military-grade encryption and ensures the highest level of data security and is ESIGN and eIDAS compliant. Beyond, digital signing, Zoho Sign combines document management, workflow configuration and document tracking capabilities in a simple user interface.
Zoho Sign + Singpass
From September 2022, users in Singapore with a Singpass account will be able to use Sign with Singpass to authenticate their Zoho Sign signing process.
To use Zoho Sign + Singpass, you would need to do the following:
- Enable Sign with Singpass in Zoho Sign.
- Upload the document and select if you are signing yourself or to collect signature from others.
- Select the Sign via Singpass option during the document signing process.
- Open the Singpass app on your mobile device and scan the QR code to sign the document. Singpass and Zoho Sign handshake happens here showing a “Code” that ensures the authenticity of the signing process and to make the user feel comfortable of the authenticity.
- Once the document is signed, you can download the document signed with Singpass from your Zoho Sign account at anytime. The document would have a “Singpass” logo in the PDF now as the Identity provider is Singpass.
Where can Zoho Sign be used?
Zoho Sign can be used in the following context:
- Business – Invoices, sales contracts, Income tax filings
- Banking & Finance – Loan agreements, account openings, credit reports, beneficiary forms
- Real Estate – Mortgage forms, brokerage agreements, leases, rent agreements, closing disclosures
- Government – Procurement forms, enforcement documents, licensing documents
- Employment contracts
Benefits of using Zoho Sign + Singpass
What are the benefits of using Zoho Sign + Singpass? As Singapore is striving towards a Smart Nation country, this is part of the digital growth journey and transformation that we have to embark on.
Using e-signatures are now recognised, allowing organisations to make the commitment towards paperless operations. This move significantly saves time and money, it also eliminate the hassle of printing out documents, chasing for signatures and the process of filling the physical documents there after. With a digital technology like Zoho Sign, organisations are able to remotely obtain required signatories.
Sign with Singpass allows users to digitally sign documents using their signing certificate (issued by the National Certification Authority) contained in their Singpass app. The digital signature generated using the signing certificate is cryptographically linked to the signer, providing businesses with higher assurance of the authenticity and integrity of the signed documents.
This integration is now readily available to all existing Zoho Sign users. Enable this integration to all your signers by navigating to the Settings menu and then Integrations. Zoho Sign also offers comprehensive help documentation to configure this integration in your account.
Not a Zoho Sign user?
If you are not already a Zoho Sign user, you can sign up for a 14-day free Enterprise trial. If you have any questions or feedback about Zoho Sign, you can email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Information and picture courtesy of Zoho and Priority Consultants *