KEF recently introduced the LSX speakers, a compact two-speaker wireless music system, truly stereo and truly wireless music system package, aesthestically and beautifully designed with excellent sound quality.
At the recent media launch event held at Funan Suites, guests were given a short presentation on the KEF LSX compact speakers and a demonstration of the capabilities and sound quality of the LSX compact speakers. After the formal event segment was over, I took the opportunity to connect with the LSX compact speakers via bluetooth and play some different music genres from my Spotify, enjoying my music while taking this very short period of time to test the sound quality of the LSX compact speakers.
First and foremost, let me share with you more information on the LSX wireless music system.
The LSX is built on the success of the LS50 Wireless, continuing the development of KEF’s cutting-edge technologies and innovative high-performance audio products. KEF’s Uni-Q® driver array, a signature innovation that radically improves stereo imaging and does so across a much wider listening area; allowing more people to experience better sound in a room. Combining it with KEF’s highly advanced trademark-pending Music Integrity Engine™, a cutting-edge collection of bespoke Digital Signal Processing algorithms that ensure accurate time alignment and phase coherence.
LSX is fully wireless both from source and between the speakers, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth™makes streaming music from Spotify®, Apple Music®and TIDAL®simple. LSX is also DLNA®compliant and boasts TOSLINK®Optical and Auxiliary connections making it ideal for use with TV. It can be set-up in minutes using the KEF’s Control app, which also manages firmware updates as they become available.
LSX sports four Class-D amplifiers, one for each of the drive units, alongside dedicated twin DACs that provide pristine signal path of up to 96kHz/24bit (using the optional wired connection between the two speakers) or 48kHz/24bit in completely wireless operation.
LSX’s gently curved cabinet was designed with extensive use of Finite Element Analysis as well as featuring constrained layer damping as found in KEF’s high-end audiophile products. Continuing KEF’s long tradition of design collaboration, LSX was overseen by designer Michael Young who has created a masterpiece of understated elegance. LSX comes in a choice of five colours – Black, Blue, Maroon, and Olive – which are clad in a luxury fabric by Danish textile manufacturer Kvadrat – and a striking Gloss White.
Key points on the LSX Wireless Speakers
- Acoustic design with 4″ Uni-Q driver; FEA designed cabinet with hidden heat-sink
- KEF’s dedicated time correcting Music Integrity Engine
- 2 x 30W + 2 x 70W Class D amplifiers
- Adjustable EQ settings via KEF Control App
- Dedicated apps for iOS and Android™
- Proprietary wireless inter-speaker connection supports 48kHz/24bit; optional wired connection supports 96kHz/24bit transmission
- Supports source files up to 192kHz/24bit
- 2.4GHz/5GHz Dual-band Wi-Fi connectivity (DLNA/uPNP™)
- Apple AirPlay 2 (available in early 2019 via firmware update)
- Spotify Connect (available in November 2018 via firmware update)
- TIDAL Music (via KEF Stream app)
- Roon Tested
- Bluetooth 4.2 with Qualcomm® aptX™ codec
- Optical input (TOSLINK)
- AUX input
- Subwoofer output
- Mounting insert for supporting wall-mount
- Supports third party programmable remote controls
- Supports IP Control
- Available in: Maroon, Blue, Gloss White, Black and Olive
Personal thoughts and views
During my short half hour of testing and trying out the LSX wireless music system, I was pretty impressed with the sound quality and standards, inside this pair of compact size speakers. Truly wireless and truly stereo, they would make an ideal music system setup for your home that is not too expensive for your wallet. Treble is sharp, crisp and clear while bass is good, quite strong, you can feel it. A quality and compact wireless music system that is also aesthestically good looking and trendy, ideal for your home, living room and bedroom!
On a side note, with KEF excellent sound system and technology, displayed in their LSX speaker system, it would be wonderful if the 4 drivers design, quality standards and technology can be transferred into a customised in-ear monitors system!
Back to the LSX, if you are keen to know more, do visit the KEF Store at The Adelphi, you can test it out, listen and buy!
Information, Pricing and Availability
#01-18/19, The Adelphi
1 Coleman Street
Telephone: +65 6338 7011
Also available at:
- Stereo outlets – Westgate, Vivocity & Plaza Singapura
- Analogue outlets – CK Tangs, Robinsons & Vivocity
- Online shop – Lazada & Qoo10, at Krisshop from December onwards
Suggested Retail Price: SGD$1,899
I would like to thank KEF and Lewis Communications for the invitation to the launch of the KEF LSX compact speakers.