Singapore is building towards a cashless payment solution for future Singapore and Singtel had recently launched Singapore’s first virtual Visa account into its all-in-one mobile payments app, the Singtel Dash app. With this addition, Singtel now has a cashless payment solution for users in Singapore.
At the recent official launch event by Singtel and Visa, we were able to know more about the Singtel Dash Visa Virtual Account. After that, there were hands on demonstrations on how the Singtel Dash Visa Virtual Account can be created and used in our daily life, such as buying a coffee from Spinelli and buying goods online.
The cashless payment process was simple, fast and easy to use. With the addition of Visa Virtual Account into Singtel Dash app, this all-in-one mobile payments solution is now more useful and easy to use for everybody, regardless of their telco relationship or device model. Having this Visa Virtual Account inside the Singtel Dash app, I think this would make the Singtel Dash app very handy and easy to use for, online purchases or at Dash merchants..
With this pre-paid wallet capability, this would really be useful when we forget to bring cash out or there is not enough cash in the wallet. Currently, this is for local use in Singapore, hopefully, the Singtel Dash Visa Virtual Account can be used when we are overseas in the future.
Let me share some key information and details of the Singtel Dash Visa Virtual Account:
To start paying on their mobile, customers can just sign in on the Dash app and top-up their Dash Visa accounts and start using them at Dash merchants and on local e-commerce sites such as Qoo10, Zalora and HungryGoWhere. Customers with compatible NFC-enabled Android smartphones will also be able to pay using their Dash Visa accounts wherever Visa payWave is accepted, such as at popular merchants, Sheng Siong, Spinelli and Toastbox.
Hopefully, with the Singtel Dash Visa Virtual Account, this would encourage more people in Singapore into more acceptance and usage of cashless payment system.
Pictures courtesy of Singtel
Singtel also announced future plans for Dash to be included in global wallets such as Apple Pay, and enable QR code payments to expand into hawker centres. In addition to Nanyang Polytechnic, Ngee Ann Polytechnic and Singapore Polytechnic, Dash is also working towards adding more educational institutions to its merchant list to widen its reach in the youth segment.
Dash is Singapore’s only all-in-one mobile payments solution that is available to everyone, regardless of telco relationship or device model. It is the only mobile payments app that offers fast, secure and real-time local and international money transfers, supports in-store and online retail payments, as well as transit payments. Customers can enjoy paying with Dash for their taxi, bus and train rides, and also at supermarkets, convenience stores and food courts.
Since its re-launch last year, Dash has boosted its customer base to over 500,000, with payments, remittance and transit transaction volumes more than doubling.
For more information, customers can visit www.dash.com.sg.
* Speicial Promotions to celebrate the launch of Singtel Dash Visa *
To celebrate the launch of Dash Visa, customers will be able enjoy the following promotions from 21 July to 20 August 2017:
- New and re-contracting Singtel postpaid mobile customers will receive S$50 discounts or free accessories when they purchase the following handsets with Dash at any Singtel Shop:
– Sony Xperia™ XZ Premium, Huawei P10/P10 Plus and HTC U11 (S$50 handset discount)
– Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ (Free S Clear View Standing Cover)
- All Dash customers will also enjoy these exclusive partner deals (terms and conditions apply):
– S$1 Short Grain Rice or Instant White Coffee at Sheng Siong
– S$1 for any 8oz Hot Espresso-Based Beverage (U.P. S$4 to S$5.70) at Spinelli
– 18% off a minimum S$120 spend, plus S$5 Cashback on Zalora
– S$1 deals across various items and discount coupons on Qoo10
– S$10 Cashback with S$180 spend across merchants on Shopback
– S$5 Cashback with every S$50 top-up on GrabPay
* Information and details courtesy of Singtel Corporate Communications *