Samsung Electronics Singapore recently announced the launch of Samsung Galaxy A22 5G, Galaxy Tab A7 Lite and new health updates for Galaxy Watch to their mobile devices lineup. In addition, Samsung has released a new software update for the Galaxy Watch3 and Galaxy Watch Active2 to introduce blood pressure and electrocardiogram tracking benefits via the Samsung Health Monitor app.
Galaxy A22 5G: Samsung’s most affordable 5G smartphone yet
The Samsung Galaxy A22 5G is its most affordable smartphone yet, equipped with next-generation connectivity and awesome performance to take everything you do to the next level. Featuring a versatile triple camera system and an immersive Infinity-V display, the Galaxy A22 5G lets you create and enjoy content exactly the way you want. The Galaxy A22 5G is available in Gray, Mint and Violet.
- Boasting a 6.6-inch FHD+ Infinity-V display, high-resolution screen and 5G connectivity, the Galaxy A22 5G lets you enjoy your favourite content with no interruptions.
- The Samsung Galaxy A22 5G enriches your streaming and gaming experience with a 90Hz refresh rate and 5,000mAh battery that’s designed for hours of fast-moving game play.
- Featuring a 48MP main camera, 5MP ultra-wide camera, 2MP depth camera, and 8MP front camera, you can easily snap shots and take selfies like a pro.
- With One UI Core 3.1, the Galaxy A22 5G is designed so that you can be productive, creative and comfortable every day.
Local Pricing and Availability
The Galaxy A22 5G will be available in Singapore from 22 June, Tuesday, at selected local telecommunication operator (Singtel), major consumer electronics & IT stores, online stores (Samsung Online Store, Lazada and Shopee), as well as Samsung Experience Stores at a recommended retail price of $328.
Galaxy Tab A7 Lite: The perfect companion for family-friendly entertainment and learning on-the-go
A multi-functional tablet for everyone in the family. Combining a sleek, durable metal cover and compact body design, the Galaxy Tab A7 Lite gives you the freedom to enjoy rich entertainment on-the-go or spend valuable family time with curated apps for children edutainment. The Galaxy Tab A7 Lite is available in Gray.
- Slim bezels around the 8.7-inch display and powerful Dual Speakers with Dolby Atmos on Galaxy Tab A7 Lite bring you closer to your favourite movies, shows or games.
- With up to 64GB of internal storage, expandable up to 1TB with a MicroSD card, there’s plenty of space for everything you love.
- Equipped with long-lasting battery and 15W Adaptive Fast Charging, the Galaxy Tab A7 Lite is great for catching up on content or finishing up a game on-the-go.
- Shape a safe environment for your child to explore the digital world with Samsung Kids. With family-friendly activities to both entertain and encourage them to learn, enrich your child’s learning in a secure environment while keeping tabs on their playtime, the content they view, and even the apps they access.
- Galaxy Tab A7 Lite users will also receive 2-months free trial of YouTube Premium – putting hours of ad-free entertainment at your fingertips.
- Work seamlessly with your ecosystem of Galaxy devices – from your phone to your earbuds.
- Take calls and send and receive text messages through your Samsung account on the Galaxy Tab A7 Lite, even when your smartphone is out of reach.
- Enjoy easy transition from browsing on your phone to your Galaxy Tab A7 Lite via Samsung Internet.
- If you’re listening to music or watching a video on your Galaxy Tab A7 Lite and need to take a call on your smartphone, your connected Galaxy Buds can automatically switch over to your other device.
Local Pricing and Availability
The Galaxy Tab A7 Lite will be available in Singapore from 19 June, Saturday, at selected local telecommunication operators (M1 and Singtel), major consumer electronics & IT stores, online stores (Samsung Online Store, Lazada and Shopee), Samsung Education Store as well as Samsung Experience Stores.
Retail Recommended Price for Galaxy Tab A7 Lite
|Galaxy Tab A7 Lite LTE||64GB||$298|
|Galaxy Tab A7 Lite Wi-Fi||32GB||$228|
If you purchase the Galaxy Tab A7 Lite from 19th June to 1st August, you will be entitled to a complimentary Mickey Mouse Design for Kids cover (worth $68).
The following Galaxy Tab A7 Lite accessories will also be available to complement the device:
|Micky Mouse Design for Kids||–||$68|
|Book Cover||Gray, Silver||$68|
More health tracking now available on Galaxy Watch3 and Galaxy Active2
Samsung is making it easier for those seeking to cultivate better health and well-being habits with the launch of its mobile-device medical application, the Samsung Health Monitor app, in Singapore. The Samsung Health Monitor app will feature additional tracking for blood pressure, electrocardiogram (ECG) measurements and Blood Oxygen, allowing users to stay informed about their health wherever they go, and whenever they wish.
To take blood pressure, ECG measurements and Blood Oxygen levels, users must have the Samsung Health Monitor app installed on both the Galaxy Watch3 or Galaxy Watch Active2 and their Galaxy smartphone. The Samsung Health Monitor app will automatically install when users update their Galaxy smartwatch to the latest version via the Galaxy Wearable app. The Samsung Health Monitor app will be available in Singapore from 19 June, Saturday.
High blood pressure is commonly linked to brain, kidney and heart diseases, and if left untreated, could potentially lead to a stroke or coronary heart diseases. Galaxy smartwatches will be able to measure blood pressure via the Samsung Health Monitor app to provide users with deeper insight into their health and allow them to make more informed decisions about their lifestyles.
The device measures blood pressure through pulse wave analysis, which is tracked with the Heart Rate Monitoring sensors. The programme then analyses the relationship between the calibration value and the blood pressure change to determine the blood pressure.
An ECG is a simple test that can be used to check your heart’s rhythm and electrical activity to monitor conditions that affect the heart, including Atrial Fibrillation (AFib), a common form of abnormal heart rhythm. AFib is often the cause of heart complications, including blood clots, failure, or stroke.
The ECG function works by analysing the heart’s electrical activity via a sensor on the Galaxy smartwatch. Simply open the Samsung Health Monitor app, rest your forearm on a flat surface and lightly place a fingertip from the opposite hand on the top button on the smartwatch for 30 seconds. The app will then measure your heart rate and rhythm, which will be classified as either a Sinus Rhythm (a normal, regular heartbeat) or AFib (when the heart beats irregularly).
Blood oxygen (SpO2) tracking will now also be available on Galaxy Watch3. Keeping track of your blood oxygen levels can provide an indication of how effectively your blood is carrying oxygen throughout your body, which in turn can tell you whether you’re breathing effectively.
The Galaxy Watch3 use red LED and infrared rays to estimate your SpO2 levels, or the amount of oxygen in your bloodstream. Since the oxygen saturation is directly linked to physical performance, use your Galaxy smartwatch to push your routine to the next level.
* Information and pictures courtesy of Samsung and IN.FOM *