A Life Connected with HP, with many new modern computing devices launched by HP, ranging from Notebooks, PC, Tablets and Printers. It was a very fun event with Irene Ang hosting the event and she brought great entertainment, laughter and fun along with the introduction of the various new HP products on display during the event HP – A Life Connected.
There was quite a list of new products displayed during the event and there were two new computing devices that caught my attention (almost entire attention) were the HP Envy x2 and HP ElitePad 900. The HP Envy x2 is a ultra-thin hybrid Notebook PC with a detachable screen that becomes a full tablet when separated from the keyboard. The HP ElitePad 900 is HP’s premium Windows 8 tablet for business, thin and lightweight. There were many other wonderful HP products there and I would share the rest of the other HP products soon, for this post, it’s all about the HP Envy x2 and HP ElitePad 900.
I have been interested in a Windows Operating System (OS) Tablet for a period of time that I can add on and complement to my current business/work setup that sometimes require Windows OS. When I saw, held and touched the HP Envy x2 and HP ElitePad 900, I was impressed and fascinated by the two of them. What do I think of the HP ElitePad 900 and HP Envy x2 ? My thoughts and feel about the two computing devices are presented below –
HP ElitePad 900
It’s the Business Tablet that will attract the corporate and business/working people on the move and in need of a sleek lightweight computing device. The HP ElitePad 900 is a tablet that balances a beautiful design with enterprise-grade features, functionality, serviceability and support. The HP ElitePad 900 is designed for business and governments and we would see a lot more of them soon in the corporate and civil service sectors.
When I held it in my hands, touching and playing with it, here are my personal thoughts on the HP ElitePad 900
– Sleek and elegant
– It has a 16:10 display, you spend less time scrolling
– Ergonomically shaped to fit comfortably in the hand
– A wide range of accessories to complement and support the HP ElitePad 900
– Your personal office on the move and you can protect it with HP Client Security
– Windows 8 and x86 compatibility for legacy apps arm you with the tools you need—and the confidence of a familiar PC experience. All driven by the latest Intel® processors
The HP ElitePad 900 is expected to be available in Singapore in late January 2013. Pricing information will be announced closer to availability. For more detailed information, you can visit HP USA website for more information on the HP ElitePad 900.
HP Envy x2
This is almost the Windows OS Tablet that I am looking for!! During the HP – A Life Connected event, I had the opportunity to chat with HP staff on this Notebook + Tablet. The HP Envy x2 is a first and foremost a Notebook, followed by being a Tablet. The HP ENVY x2 solves the “Do I bring my notebook or tablet?” dilemma. Consumers get the power of a notebook and the freedom of a tablet in one stylish, lightweight device.
When I held it in my hands, touching and playing with it, here are my personal thoughts on the HP Envy x2
– Aesthetically and very beautifully designed, very stylish and sleek
– Best of both worlds – Tablet or Notebook or Tablet and Notebook
– The HP Envy x2 Tablet screen was easy and intuitive to use
– A good possible replacement for your business/work laptop (if you do not require the big HDD juice space and powerful Intel chips of a laptop)
– A good possible complement to Mac OS users who need to get a Windows OS based device for their work purposes
– Work + Leisure usage, great for travel too
The HP ENVY x2 is expected to be available in Singapore from late 2012 and pricing is to be advised. For detailed information, you can visit HP USA website for more information on the HP Envy x2. Here’s a video clip to share more about the HP Envy x2 –