The LG G2 smartphone is the latest flagship smartphone by LG Electronics, that pushes boundaries, setting a new standard in the smartphone industry and it promises to change the way we smartphone owners use our smartphones. I recently attended a LG G2 mobile photography workshop conducted by fellow photographer friend Aik Beng Chia and the LG G2 was a pretty impressive smartphone! Having played and tested the LG G2 smartphone during the LG G2 mobile phone photography workshop, I will share about it more soon. Meanwhile, here I am to share with you, my friends and readers, information and details on the latest LG G2 smartphone!
“In our pursuit of innovation and perfection, we have always observed, listened to and learned from consumers. LG has embarked on a study of consumer lifestyles and behaviors and that led to the creation of LG G2, the most exciting and ambitious phone in our company’s history yet,” said Mr. Scott Jung, Managing Director, LG Electronics Singapore.
Introduced under LG’s new “G” Series for premium devices, the G2 exemplifies LG’s aim to bring forth more customer-centric innovations, offering a variety of real-life benefits such as an ergonomic design, practical functions and an intuitive user experience.
Intuitive and Refined Rear Key
The LG G2 has revolutionized smartphone designs by placing all the buttons at the rear of the device, making it the first smartphone to be completely devoid of buttons at the sides of the phone. The Rear Key concept was derived when studies found that it was increasingly challenging to properly access the side buttons of a phone as smartphones got bigger. The rear keys give users more control as it is placed where the index fingers will naturally be located when using the phone.
Magnificent, Edge-to-Edge Display
Equipped with a 5.2-inch Full HD display, the LG G2 boasts the largest display designed for one-handed operations in today’s popular 2.7-inch width smartphone category. In addition to the expansive viewing experience, LG’s innovative Dual Routing technology reduces the phone’s bezel to a mere 2.65mm on the side edge, making the phone remarkably light and slim. LG’s proven in-plane switching (IPS) technology also gives the LG G2 superior graphics, accurate colors and clearer images without any distortion.
Best-In-Class Power Capacity
The LG G2 also employs Graphic RAM (GRAM) for greater efficiency in energy usage. GRAM reduces the display’s energy use by up to 26 percent on a still frame and increases overall usage time on the device by approximately 10 percent. This is coupled with a generous 3,000mAh step-designed battery that takes maximum advantage of the phone’s interior space.
Running on the industry’s most advanced mobile chipset, Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 800 Processor, the LG G2 enhances the user experience through stunning performance, rich graphics and outstanding battery efficiency. Through a long-term partnership with Qualcomm, LG is able to deploy the chipset that integrated perfectly with the hardware to offer a powerful and yet stable performance.
OIS and High Resolution Camera for Great Pictures
The LG G2’s in-built camera offers 13 megapixels and Optical Image Stabilizer (OIS) technology in a slim design without a protruding lens. The OIS technology prevents blurring, allowing for clearer, brighter and sharper images even when in motion or shooting in dim environment. Other notable features include Super Resolution and Multi-point AF, keeping images in focus, comparable with a standalone point-and-shoot digital camera.
Superior Hi-Fi Audio Sound
As consumers rely more on their smartphones for music enjoyment, superior sound in smartphones is the feature that is lacking in most smartphones in the market. The LG G2 is the first smartphone in the market today to feature 24 bit/192kHz Hi-Fi playback that reproduces studio quality hi-fi sound. Consumers can now hear a level of realism and clarity in sound from a smartphone. Preloaded music from the world famous Vienna Boys’ Choir is also available on all LG G2 smartphones, allowing users to enjoy the incredible sound quality.
Practical, User Centric UX Features
The LG G2 also comes with a number of practical user experience (UX) features that provide the most practical value by focusing on a smartphone’s most popular tasks:
- Guest Mode — Protects the owner’s privacy by displaying only pre-selected apps when guests access the phone with a secondary unlock pattern
- Audio Zoom — Enables users to zoom in the sound, as they zoom in the images while video-recording. Not only is the image enlarged, the sound associated with the area is also amplified
- KnockON — Turns the device on and off by tapping the display twice
- Answer Me — Automatically answers the call after lowering the ringtone when the phone is raised to one’s ear
- Plug & Pop — Recommends options or related features to choose from when the earphone or USB cable is detected
- Slide Aside — Enables easier multitasking by simply “sliding” open apps off to the side using a three-finger swipe
- QuickRemote — Not only can the LG G2 be used as a remote control for popular LG home entertainment devices, it can also learn from conventional remote controls and can be customized to operate multiple devices with flexible layouts and keys
Available accessories for the LG G2 include QuickWindowTM, a line of premium cases that allows users to glance at various information displays without having to open the cover flap and Quadbeat earphones. The LG G2 will be available in stores soon.
- Processor: 2.26GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 800 featuring quad Krait CPU
- Display: 5.2-inch Full HD IPS (1080 x 1920 pixels / 423 ppi)
- Memory: 32GB RAM: 2GB LPDDR3 800MHz
- Camera: Rear 13.0MP with OIS / Front 2.1MP
- Battery: 3,000mAh
- Operating System: Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2
- Size: 138.5 x 70.9 x 8.9mm
- Colors: Black / White
Pricing and Availability
Recommended Price is SGD $898, available at all telecommunications and authorised dealers from 21st September 2013.
* Photograph and Information Courtesy of LG Electronics Singapore and Strategic Public Relations Pte Ltd *