Sony recently announced the arrival of the Xperia Z1, the latest premium waterproof smartphone that combines the very best of Sony’s technology and it will be available island-wide from 4 October 2013 onwards.
The elegant, 5” Xperia Z1 is the latest addition to Sony’s premium Z series of products and brings Sony’s proven world-class technologies to the smartphone like never before –including the very best of Sony’s camera expertise. Xperia Z1 features Sony’s award-winning “G Lens” with a 27mm wide angle and bright F2.0 aperture, custom made large 1/2.3-type CMOS image sensor Exmor RS for mobile with 20.7MP and a BIONZ for mobile image processing engine. The combination of these technologies delivers the same level of quality and performance as a conventional compact digital camera in a slim, waterproof smartphone. Featuring a fully integrated Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 800 processor with 2.2 GHz quad-core CPU and 4G LTE, Xperia Z1 delivers a seamless connected entertainment experience, industry leading battery performance and amazing speed.
Xperia Z1 also includes all of the features consumers have come to expect of a Sony smartphone. Its stunning looks combine Sony’s acclaimed OmniBalance design with premium materials and precision engineering in a slim waterproof and dust resistant smartphone (IP55 & IP58). A solid one-piece aluminium frame with tempered glass on the front and back ensures beauty and durability as well as a consistent viewing experience from any angle.
Xperia Z1 key specifications
- Sony’s “G Lens”: A lens with F2.0 and wide angle 27mm as well as 3x clear image zoom.
- BIONZ for mobile: Image processing engine with the algorithm from Sony’s leading digital compact cameras. It ensures pictures have less noise, fast auto-focus as well as high stable images for video shooting, preventing shots from being blurred.
- 1/2.3-type Exmor RS for mobile CMOS image sensor with 20.7MP: high sensitivity sensor capturing huge amounts of detail for sharp, crisp images, even in low-light conditions.
- Dust-resistant and waterproof (IP55 & IP58), with acclaimed OmniBalance design featuring durable tempered glass and solid one-piece aluminium frame
- Qualcomm Snapdragon™800 quad-core 2.2 Ghz processor, 3000 mAh battery, 4G LTE
- Xperia Camera Applications such as Social live which broadcast to Facebook. More applications will be available to download from Sony Select.
- Memory: RAM 2 GB, Flash memory up to 16 GB, Expansion slot microSD™ card, up to 64 GB.
- Available in black, white and purple colour variants
Xperia Z1 from Sony Mobile will be available in Sony stores, Sony centres, Xperia concept stores, authorised retail outlets as well as all telco operators from 04 October 2013 onwards at a recommended retail price of S$998 without contract.
* Information and Photograph Courtesy of Sony Singapore and Waggener Edstrom Worldwide *