Jabra, a world leader in personal sound and hybrid work solutions, recently launched two new premium models, expanding the top end line-up of their Elite true wireless earbuds range, they are the Jabra Elite 8 Active, tested to be the world’s toughest earbuds * and the Jabra Elite 10, the most advanced earbuds by Jabra for work and life with clear calls, all-day comfort, and optimised to deliver a more immersive Dolby Atmos experience through Dolby Head Tracking.
In this article, I would be sharing more information on the Jabra Elite 8 Active earbuds, and I would share more information on the Jabra Elite 10 in another separate article.
Jabra Elite 8 Active – World’s toughest earbuds *
Jabra Elite 8 Active will set a new standard for durability and fit. For those who are into running and other sports, this is the true wireless earbuds for you, built for much more than running or sports, they are designed to be durable enough for users regardless of what they choose to do and whatever life takes them.
Pass all required tests for US Military Standard for Ruggedised Electronics (810H)
The Jabra Elite 8 Active earbuds pass all the the required tests for US Military Standard for Ruggedised Electronics (810H). That covers everything from humidity, high temperature to rain and altitude. They are completely watertight when submerged up to 1.5m. The Elite 8 Active is IP68 rated, meaning that they are fully dust and waterproof, whilst the charging case is IP54 rated to be dust and splash proof.
In addition, the Elite 8 Active is put through their paces with Highly Accelerated Corrosion Testing (HACT). This requires the earbuds to pass 11 full cycles of testing, including enduring 2 hours in 40°C temperatures with 93% humidity, going through a 15-minute splash test in salt water, and surviving a 15-minute 40°C heat drying test, to successfully prove their anti-corrosion credentials. All of this whilst staying secure in the ear with the improved grip provided by Jabra ShakeGrip™ technology.
Tough yet aesthetically beautiful and incredible sound
The Jabra Elite 8 Active is proud that they are tough, yet they don’t compromise on sound quality and aesthetics. Thanks to Dolby Audio, which delivers lifelike, clear sound for a longer and comfortable listening experience, that can fuel your sporting lifestyle workouts.
The Adaptive Hybrid Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) automatically optimizes the ANC performance to the environment you’re in. Wind Neutralizing HearThrough™ technology also muffles any wind interference without blocking out traffic, ensuring safety without compromising on steady sound.
The Jabra Elite 8 Active is powered by 6-mic call technology and wind noise protecting mesh, stable smartwatch connectivity**, Google Assistant, Fast Pair, Swift Pair and Spotify Tap, battery life for up to 8 hours (32hours with a case), these earbuds are just as good for working as for working out.
Calum MacDougall, SVP at Jabra, said, “Jabra has been successful by identifying user needs and then applying our unique audio engineering capabilities to meet those needs. For Elite 10, we focused on comfort and calls and music performance to meet the need for all day use from music to meetings. For Elite 8 Active, we meet the need for users to be confident to use their earbuds, wherever they are, from work to work-out.”
Ashim Mathur, Vice President, APAC Marketing, Dolby Laboratories said “We are thrilled to work with Jabra to launch Jabra Elite 8 featuring Dolby Audio and Jabra Elite 10 with Dolby Head Tracking, delivering incredible audio experiences to consumers in Singapore.”
Key features of the Jabra Elite 8 Active
- IP68 rated dustproof, watertight, sweatproof and 1m drop-resistant earbuds, and an IP54 rated dust and splash proof case
- Crystal clear sound and added dimensionality with Dolby Audio
- Jabra ShakeGripTM technology for secure fit in a wing-free, sleek design
- Adaptive Hybrid ANC auto-filters background noise
- Wind Neutralizing HearThroughTM for indoor and outdoor activities
- 6-mic call technology with wind noise protecting mesh
- 6mm speakers
- Up to 8-hours battery life and up to 32-hours with case (ANC on)
- Stable Smartwatch connectivity**
- Google Assistant, Fast Pair, Swift Pair & Spotify Tap playback
- Bluetooth Multipoint connection
- Ready to support Bluetooth Low Energy (LE) & LC3, LC3plus codec with future firmware update
Short hands on experience with Jabra Elite 8 Active
At the recent Jabra media event launch in Singapore, I had the chance for a very short hands on experience with the Jabra Elite 8 Active at the event. I like the Jabra Elite 8 Active fitting and design on my ears, the Adaptive Hybrid Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) was good and solid. As for the sound quality with Dolby Audio, I would need more time to test it out when the review unit is available.
My current gut feel is that this would be a very ideal (and timely) upgrade from my current Jabra earbuds, the Elite 85t.
Pricing and Availability
The Jabra Elite 8 Active is available from 22nd September 2023 in all authorised retailers including Jabra’s official store in Lazada and Shopee. MRSP S$308, available in caramel, navy, black and dark grey. Find out more at www.jabra.com/elite-8-active
Gift with purchase:
- From 22nd September to 15th October 2023, a complimentary S$50 worth of Puma e-voucher to be used on SUPERCHARGED SAVINGS | PUMA Singapore will be given with every purchase of the Jabra Elite 8 Active.
- From 22nd September to 15th October 2023, trade in any Jabra TWS to get S$100 off the Jabra Elite 8 Active at all participating authorised retailers including Jabra’s official store in Lazada and Shopee.
- From 16th October to 5th November 2023, trade in any Jabra TWS to get S$50 off the Jabra Elite 8 Active at all participating authorised retailers including Jabra’s official store in Lazada and Shopee.
* Refer to Jabra.com/claims
** Compatible with smartwatches supporting Bluetooth profiles HFP, A2DP and AVRCP
< Information courtesy of Jabra and Gloo >