Do you always do more than what is required of you in your job, work, project or service ? Or do you just do the minimum required ?
Well, we should always do more than what we are asked to do if you want to sell yourself successfully. Reach out, stretch out and go all the way to help people ! By making it a part of your life, in personal, job, home or school, basically, your WHOLE life, it will help you to sell yourself more successfully !
At times, do YOU, feel that you a loner ? Feel left out of things ? Walls between you and others ? Now, reach out, stretch out a hand to one new friend and the loneliness would end. The more you reach out by extending yourself, the more people you will influence for good !
Selling successfully in all about ~ Influencing others and getting rid of walls.
Being a second-miler, the rewards are real and would return to you in the form of paycheck or promotion. Besides that, you would have new and big pride in your work, personal satisfaction and recognition from others. The payoff is different from the above listed, it can come in the form of suprise, delight and gratitude and to further extent, increased happiness through the years and greater understanding of another.
A second-miler’s cup is never empty, it will always be filled up, increasing over time. No extra effort, no small things or gesture, no matter how small, is ever lost. Being a second-miler is to have the most rewarding philosophy of life, selling yourself successfully and this is what it takes to get and keep a sale, and repeat sales thereafter.
Selling yourself again and again becomes far easier when others see how willing you are to go out of your way for them – asked or unasked.
To become a second-miler, the following 10 Rules for Sucess to becoming a Second-Miler –
(1) If you are in sales, make the ONE extra call or TWO.
(2) Work a little longer in the office than you need to.
(3) Do something useful around the office or home without being asked.
(4) Give a little gift to someone special.
(5) Give a littlet gift to someone not-so-special.
(6) Go out of your way to help someone, to be there when the person needs you most.
(7) Pay a compliment to someone each day.
(8) Take a LOAD off someone’s back, instead of being ON someone’s back.
(9) If you are studying, put more time reading.
(10) Do something for someone, or some cause, without expecting any pay for it.
Dear readers, moving foward into the future, are there people in your life that you will go the extra mile for ? Don’t hesitate, Go For It ! The rewards are and definitely more enriching thant you can ever possibly imagine !!!
I would like to take this opportunity to THANK some of my friends here who had the gone the extra mile for me –
– iWalkU2 ~ role model for bloggin, travel editorial mentoring
– Jack Lan ~ the Master in Internet Marketing and Blogging
– Clients ~ those who had helped me in my career
– DSG family
– Those I missed out and helped me along the way
(Adapted from “How to SELL Yourself”, Chapter TWELVE: Being a Second-Miler by Joe Girard)