Logitech recently announced their Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480, a cross-device keyboard that works with your computer, tablet and smartphone. I find it very interesting and useful from the information and looking at the pictures of the Multi-Device Keyboard K480 because in our modern and highly connected society today, we carry many devices, for example, I myself, carry a MacBook Pro 15, iPad 3rd Generation, iPhone 5 and LG G3, almost daily. The Logitech Multi-Device Keyboard K480 might be a good fit and solution to place my iPhone 5 and LG G3 together during work and leisure time. I hope to review it and share more about them in the near future when the opportunity arises!
Let me share with you more about the Logitech Multi-Device Keyboard K480, it is the first desk keyboard designed for use with up to three devices, regardless of computing platform. Now you can type a report on your computer and, with the flick of the Easy-Switch™ dial, respond to a message on your smartphone and type a tweet on your tablet. The universal keyboard can connect to three different Bluetooth wireless devices at once, whether you are using a Windows®, Mac® or Chrome OS™ computer, or an Android™ or iOS tablet or smartphone.
“Typing needs have evolved and consumers are computing and texting across multiple screens, often using two or three different operating systems,” said Moninder Jain, Managing Director for Logitech Southeast Asia and India. “The Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480 makes it simple for people to work, create or communicate quickly and comfortably, no matter what computing device or platform they are using.”
You can type in comfort on a full-size desk keyboard with a familiar layout and all the shortcut keys you use the most. The durable, integrated stand firmly holds your phone or tablet at just the right angle for you to read while you type. With a choice of two color schemes, the keyboard is designed to blend into your home decor without sacrificing style.
- Type on anything: A computer keyboard for your desk that also works with your tablet and smartphone.
- Easy-Switch™ dial: Simply turn the dial to seamlessly switch among up to three Bluetooth wireless devices.
- Multi-OS: A familiar keyboard layout with all the shortcut keys you use the most, whether you’re typing on a Windows, Mac or Chrome computer, or an Android or iOS tablet or smartphone.
- Integrated stand: Hold your mobile device at just the right angle to read while you type in comfort.
- Bluetooth wireless technology enabled computers or mobile devices that support external keyboards (HID profile). Check device manufacturer for details.
- PC: Windows® 7, Windows® 8 or later
- Mac: Mac OS X® or later
- Chrome OS™
- Apple® iPad® or iPhone®: iOS 5 or later
- Android™ tablet or smartphone: Android 3.2 or later.
- Internet connection (for software download)
- Dimensions: – Height: 20 mm (or 0.79 inches) – Width: 299 mm (or 11.77 inches) – Depth: 195 mm (or 7.68 inches) – Weight: 820 grams (or 1.8 pounds)
– Bluetooth range: up to 10 m (30 feet)**
– Battery life: 2 years*** Logitech® Bluetooth® Multi-Device Keyboard K480 Fact Sheet – Page 2
- 1-year limited hardware warranty
*Smartphones and tablets up to 11mm thick, 26cm wide (up to and including 11’ tablets), or 2.5kg weight
** Bluetooth wireless devices that support external keyboards (HID profile).
*** Battery life calculation based on an estimated two million keystrokes/year.
Pricing and Availability
The Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480 is expected to be available in Singapore from mid-September 2014, for a suggested retail price of SGD$59. For more information, please visit www.logitech.com/news/K480 or our blog.
* Information, Details and Pictures Courtesy of Logitech Singapore and SPRG *