The Jaybird RUN True Wireless sport headphones was announced in September 2017 and it was available in the market in October 2017. This is Jaybird’s truly wireless pair of headphones, that is very suitable for both leisure and sports users.
A truly wireless pair of headphones, no wires on you, sweat proof and water resistant. The Jaybird RUN is inspired by sports athletes, designed with insights and feedback from the sports athletes. The final result is a beautifully designed, wire free, lightweight and compact earphones that fit nicely and safely into your ears without the user knowing that it’s inside there while they are enjoying the music in the midst of their sports routine or daily life routine.
“Jaybird RUN is inspired by our athletes, and tested and built with the runner in mind who listens to music or podcasts and wants to feel as free as possible,” said Moninder Jain, Managing Director, ASEAN & India Region and Vice President at Logitech. “Being runners ourselves, we understand how bulky headphones can get in the way. The Jaybird RUN compact form factor fits securely and delivers music without a single wire. We’ve perfected the Jaybird RUN experience, so you’ll forget you’re wearing them, and we’re excited to share them with runners everywhere.”
“Music fuels my run,” saids Timothy Olsen, Jaybird athlete and two-time winner and record holder of the Western States 100 Mile race. “I have my race playlists and they power me on the trail. In the past, cords have always gotten in my way or snagged on bushes and trees. Jaybird RUN headphones are the perfect way to bring music with me. It’s amazing to run with complete freedom and no wires, and the fit is so comfortable and secure that I never worry about losing them.”
I recently got the opportunity to review the Jaybird RUN True Wireless sport headphones. Before I share more on my experiences, let me share some key fetures and information on the Jaybird RUN wireless sport headphones.
- Secure, comfort fit — Find your secure comfort-fit with multiple sizes of interchangeable tips and fins so you can forget you’re wearing them.
- Run Wild — Sweat all you want, push yourself in the rain, and get muddy. Jaybird RUN uses double hydrophobic nano coating to be sweat-proof and water-resistant.
- Your music. Your way — Pump up the bass or crank the treble – you control how your music sounds with the new Jaybird app featuring Spotify integration. The Jaybird app can also help you locate your headphones if they go missing.
- 12 hours in your pocket — Jaybird RUN provides four hours of listening on a single charge, with a portable charging case that adds an extra eight hours when fully charged. You can power an hour run on only five minutes of charging, which means you never have to hit the trail without your music.*
- Hassle free music and calls — Play your music and take calls if you need to. Jaybird RUN’s single button control allows you to pause music, answer, and end calls.
- Listen in one ear — Listen to your music while staying alert on trails and city streets by using the right headphone without the left headphone.
- Width: 14.3 mm
- Height: 19.5 mm
- Depth: 19 mm
Charging Case Dimensions
- Width: 77 mm
- Height: 40 mm
- Depth: 43 mm
Weight of single headphone (no tips and fins): 6.83 g
- 1-year limited warranty
With my previous experiences reviewing the Jaybird Freedom and Jaybird X3 headphones, I am familiar with the design, aesthestics and sound quality of the Jaybird family wireless headphones. Being a runner myself, I always appreciate a good quality sports wireless earphones that the Jaybird family delivers.
Although I don’t have videos of myself running with the Jaybird RUN headphones (I haven’t master the art of selfie videography), let me share my views, opinions and product photos that I shot (with the Canon EOS M6 review camera) with my readers below:
Design / Aesthestics
- Fits nicely into my ears, comfortable and secure
- Multiple sizes of interchangeable tips and fins available
- Sweat proof and water resistant
- Sometimes, you might forget that you are wearing them
- Charging case is handy and essential for storage and charging the Jaybird RUN headphones
- Very fast connection with my Apple iPhone 7 Plus (bluetooth is switched on before hand) when I open the carrying case, bringing it out and placing them into my ear
- Customisable to play music, take calls, access Siri, listen in one ear
- No issues with bluetooth connection, smooth and easy
- Encountered latency issues (sometimes) when I ran with my Apple iPhone 7 Plus kept inside the running pouch strapped to my body (Feedback has been submitted with regards to this issue)
- Clear, smooth, sharp and precise sound quality
- Treble is clear, smooth and sharp
- Bass is clear and smooth, not that strong (to my personal liking)
- The friendly, useful and important Jaybird app is the tool for the user to fine tune the sound and style to their personal preferences
(Disclaimer: I don’t profess to be an audiophile expert, just a music/earphones enthusiast)
The Jaybird RUN True Wireless Sport Headphones is a true wireless headphones, ideal and suitable for both sporting and leisure/daily users. It’s a beautifully designed, wire free, lightweight and compact earphones that fit nicely and safely into your ears without the user knowing that it’s inside there while they are enjoying the music in the midst of their sports routine or daily life routine.
The sound quality overall is really good except it’s not “strong” / “powerful” enough (in the bass segment) for me (probably because I am an old school hard rock fan). That’s where the Jaybird app comes in very handy, an excellent tool to fine tune to my personal preferences and liking.
Sometimes, it’s ironic that I would prefer a wired wireless headphones because I can let my headphones hang and rest on my shoulders after a run or workout versus having to hold the Jaybird RUN headphones on my hands or pockets (if the charging case is not brought out) and worrying that I might drop or lost it! Yet the true wireless Jaybird RUN headphones give me an option that I really like to have, no wires headphones!
The Jaybird RUN True Wireless Sport Headphones is really good, if you are looking for the true wireless, take a look at them! If you still prefer the wired wireless, go for their Jaybird Freedom 2 wireless headphones.
Jaybird RUN True Wireless Sport Headphones is available at selected retailers including jaybirdsport.com. The suggested retail price of RUN is $299.00.
The Jaybird app is free and available through the iOS® and Android™ app stores.
* I would like to thank Logitech Singapore for the opportunity to review the Jaybird RUN True Wireless Sport Headphones *