The book that I would be started my book chapter review today would by Joe Girard, “How To Sell Yourself” and I would be doing the book chapter reviews concurrently with Stephen R. Covey, “Principle-Centred Leadership”.
In this manner, I would be pushing myself to read, absorb, analyse, expand on my learnings, apply and share with my readers. Moving foward, I would be able to complete my 5 other personal development and sales training books and I am also looking at purchasing additional book to my current library.
Anyway …… back to proper chapter review –
Folks, I need you to do a small exercise here first, do you ever recall when you were a young child, did you ever asked your parents for a toy or a sweet ? And did you try asking a girl or guy out for a date ? In these two instances, did it come across to you that you were SELLING and you had not been AWARE of this at all. Therefore, everyone of us is a SALESPERSON !!
Before anybody can sell themselves successfully, first and foremost, they have to be absolutely 100% sold on themselves. You must believe in yourself, have faith in yourself and have confidence in yourself. Ask yourself this simple question “Just Who Are You Anyway ?”.
Remember, in this huge world that we live in, there is ONLY ONE YOU ! Nobody else is like you and You Are NUMBER ONE ! If you don’t believe you are NUMBER ONE, no one else will. You Must Have that BELIEF !
Muhammad Ali pre-match ritual on psyching himself up before his opponents is a classic and world class example of selling yourself on you. His trademark “I Am The Greatest!” strikes great fear in his opponents and they would start unselling themselves.
People who sell themselves succcessfully are first sold on themselves and to like yourselves, the late George Romney gave three steps to liking yourself –
- Never do anything, anywhere, that you would be ashamed of
- Don’t be afraid to give yourself a pat on the back now and then
- So live that you’d be glad to have yourself for a friend
- Achievers – Winners, those who sold themselves on themselves, people that we want to emulate.
- Gripers – Losers, those who are put-downers and puller-downers, avoid them.
- Copped out of Life – People who simply given up, shun them.
YOU ARE NUMBER ONE !!!
- Write out “I Am Number One” on cards, stick it around where you can see it (especially the FIRST thing in the morning), Read it and Smile.
- Avoid losers
- Put away negative thoughts e.g. jealousy, envy, greed, hate – out of your life