I have been setting my goals for the past few years (probably 10 years or more if I recalled correctly), yet when I looked back and searched for my goal settings articles, it was like all over the place inside here, maybe under a different heading and different stages in my life and timeline.
Today, I would be writing and sharing on my personal goals settings for the year 2018, my goal settings for my photography business, personal photography and travel would not be published inside here, they should be published soon.
Over the past month, December 2017, I did quite a fair bit of personal reflection, preparing myself what I wanted to do and achieve for my goals in the year 2018. Some of my goals were more inner and personal goals than monetary or achievement goals.
- Healthy and active sporting lifestyle (Disciplined exercise regime) – No excuses for myself, I had been lazy, slacking and ill-disciplined in this aspect. I need to get my lazy self up and exercising regularly and consistently again. With a healthy mindset, body, mind and soul, it would assist me in taking on all the challenges, stress and pressure of running a small photography business in an era of highly disruptive and competitive economy. Not to forget mentioning that being healthy and active is something that money can’t buy.
- Read more books – Reading helps to soothe my mind, heart and soul, as well as adding knowledge, skills and understanding of things/matters in different industries, societies and people. I haven’t been reading more than I would love to. Moving forward in the year 2018, I want to read more books from a diverse nature and genres.
- FOREX / Alternative Investments / Trading – These alternative investments areas were something that I embarked upon a few years back, however, I didn’t have the persistency and discipline to maintain and continue the journey due to a different direction and goals settings during that period of time. Thanks to Pro Traders Academy in 2017, I am back, revising and preparing to enter into these alternative investments again, building up a side income and funds for my future.
- Learn new skills and knowledge – Learning is a lifelong philosophy and we must keep on learning and gaining new skills and knowledge, changing and adapting in this climate of constant and highly disruptive economy and society. I started using SkillsFuture in 2017 and I would continue to find new courses to learn new skills and knowledge, adding them to my existing skills and knowledge setup.
- Avoid and stay away from negative and nasty people – I had seen my fair share of negative and nasty people, who just have a knack for imposing everything of themsleves on other people. There are times whereby they don’t want you to succeed, they want you to fail, their words are nasty and hurting. These type of people really affect me, while people beside me can easily said that I can don’t listen to them and let them affect me, I still got infected and got affected by them, resulting in some hindrance in my journey. The time has come to protect myself from the negative and nasty people by avoiding and staying away from them.
- Decluttering + Minimalist – It didn’t occur to me how therapeutic it can be for me, decluttering the many physical items in my life. Sometimes, the human race is chasing a lot of physical goods and commodities, there’s no internal and emotional fulfillment at times. Decluttering started in mid 2017, when I did spring cleaning of my room, re-arranging of my cabinets before helping to rearrange some of the cabinets in my living room. There’s some progress, there’s still a lot of work to be done. Next up is Minimalist, would I ever be able to achieve it? I don’t know, to be honest. It’s like an utopia somehow, however, it can be done, the question is, do I want to achieve it?
- Embrace change and disruption – Although I mentally, emotionally and psychologically prepared myself for change in 2017, the huge waves of changes and disruptions were even more higher and powerful than I initially prepared myself for. Year 2017 became another learning curve for me, I am telling myself and preparing myself again, to embrace change and disruption (reminder that it might even get bigger, higher and powerful than previous editions)
- STOP Overthinking – It’s one of my flaws that I personally and publicly acknowledged. Taking the steps to stop overthinking, it might not be easy and I am taking the first step.
- STOP Putting Myself Down – Many a times, I let the words of negative and nasty people into my head, mind and soul, the Bad Wolf started to eat me up inside, transforming into thoughts that made me put myself down. The time also come for me to put a STOP to this.
- Ikigai – ????, this is something that I am going to discover myself and search for it, the reason.
- The subtle art of not giving a f*@k – There are a few, maybe a number of people out there that I will not be giving a damn of what you say, comment, feedback or criticize. It’s not that I can’t take criticisms, feedbacks or comments. It’s not the same at all.
To some of you, this may not be the “standards” of goals settings. It’s not for you, this is for me and myself only.