At the start of a new year, I would usually set aside time to reflect and review my previous year, followed by planning, strategising and writing down my goals and objectives for the new year. I do write down my goals for the new year, publish the goals that I set in my articles on my photography and travel portal/blog and technology/business/personal portal/blog. For this new year 2020, I decided to try something different, a new approach, with a theme and goals for Year 2020 (Technology and Personal)
Setting a theme for Year 2020 was inspired by Fernando Gros recent article, “Momentum – Yearly Theme For 2020”. Having met Fernando in person, a very talented creative, musician, photographer and writer, I also have his book, “No Missing Tools”, very inspiring, opening a world that I never thought that I ever have inside me, on the subject of creativity. Fernando has been an inspiration for me as a photographer and writer, learning, changing, evolving and adapting in this current modern world filled with so much fast moving information, news, images and videos.
As I decided on a single word to choose my theme for Year 2020, it was a bit of a struggle since this was my maiden attempt. Seeking the advice of my old classmate Michael, from my primary school days (his command of the English language is way better than me), he advised me to find a phrase that would suit me personally, after an interesting discussion and brain storming, this phrase appeared “Striving to Excel”, our primary school motto (and our primary school is no longer around, they have merged with other primary school in my neighourhood).
My theme for Year 2020 is “Striving to Excel”, I focus on two different approaches, for my photography and travel portal/blog, I published a separate article on “Theme and Goals for Year 2020 (Photography and Travel)” and I would publish on my “Theme and Goals for Year 2020 (Technology and Personal)” right here in this article. Another new approach for this year, I am not revealing my other business goals and plans for this year, you can still find some bits and pieces in previous articles, if you have been a regular reader on my two websites.
Theme for Year 2020 – Striving to Excel
Personal Goals for 2020
- Spend quality time with family and selected group of friends
- Less confrontation and friction with people
- Stop chasing trends, styles and likes
- Avoid trolls and nasty people (including relatives and friends)
- Always be mindful of the pitfalls of using social media
- Spending more time on reading
- Spending more time on journaling, writing and sketching
- Constant self improvement and learning new knowledge, skills
- For those people and organisations that don’t appreciate the hard work + free coverage that I put in over the years, I might probably slowly move away into other coverage areas
- Be happy with I am doing and not be affected by people telling me what I should do
- Stay healthy, eat more healthy
- Lose weight, be more disciplined in exercises and fitness workouts
Technology Goals for 2020
- Expand my coverage on B2B / Enterprise technology areas
- Develop niche technology coverage areas
- Get my customised in-ear monitors
- Maintain my B2C technology coverage areas
Striving to Excel, in both personal and professional capacity, for my Year 2020. Come on board, follow me on my B2C + B2B technology coverage and personal writing adventures!